The Republic of Kazakhstan signed the Bologna Declaration in 2010 and became the 47th member country of the Bologna process and the first Central Asian state to be recognized as a full member of the European education space. The Bologna process enables to Kazakhstan improving access to European education, professional recognition of degrees and qualifications, introduction of credit transfer system (ECTS) and diploma supplement, assessment of education quality assurance, implementation of academic mobility of students and faculty, as well as implementation of lifelong learning.
In order to be a full member of European education space the Ministry of Education and Science set the following strategic objectives in the field of higher education, postgraduate education and science:
1. Correspondence the quality of higher education in Kazakhstan with the best international practices in the field of education;
2. Participation of Kazakhstan scientists in large-scale international research projects;
3. Introduction of effective system of training of highly qualified scientific personnel relevant to international standards. Higher education modernization became one of the most important conditions of State system development and consolidation of independence in the sphere of economic and policy. In order to get it legislative basis, system of managing and financing were reformed. These actions promoted Kazakhstan to integrate in international space. Realization of state policy in the sphere of education is to provide in the following currents:
– improving training of the staff;
– development of new educational techniques;
– perfection of students contingent forming model;
– improving of students academic mobility;
– development of fundamental science and promotion of institute’s of higher education role as a scientific-research centers.
Minister of Education and Science of the RK. He graduated from E. Buketov Karaganda State University (Specialty ” Historian, history Teacher”), Karaganda Institute of actual education ” Bolashak ” (Specialty “Jurisprudence”). Worked as an Employee of the E. Buketov Karaganda State University, Chairman of the NGO “League of young” Ansar”, Director of LLP «Медиа СП», teacher, Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor of the Department of Political Science and Sociology of E. Buketov Karaganda State University, Deputy Akim of Nurinsk district on social issues, Head of the Department of Education of Karaganda region, Vice-Minister of Education and Science, Deputy Akim of Karaganda region.
Deputy Director of the Department of Higher and Postgraduate Education of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
During recent years much has been done in Kazakhstani system of higher education in accordance with the time demand and the priorities of the country economic development. Ministry of Education and Science is involving actively to all TRUNAK work packages in order to maintain awareness of project outcomes and their connections and support to Kazakhstani state education and science policy. Ministry of Education and Science will reflect state policy strategy to project work and put emphasis on project outcomes dissemination and implementation.